We are happy to be attending the Toronto International Pen Show this year, for the first time. The show runs from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday October 23, 2010, at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites.
We have booked an eight foot table, and will easily fill it. Amongst our inventory will be such diverse items as:
- fountain pens, largely Parker 51s, including an unusual late-40s double-jewelled demonstrator;
- dip pens, including some in original boxes;
- propelling pencils, including Mordans and a Yardolette in the original box;
- writing boxes, including one from the late 1700s;
- paperweights, including an early O’ Keefe
- sterling bookmarks;
- custom pen repair tools;
- a nearly-complete early Heintz desk set;
As always, all items on display are clean and fully functional. Restoration is done as required, and clearly noted as such.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you there!
And see you all there, we did. The Show went well, with a steady stream of visitors from start to finish. We had a grand time meeting all sorts, including an Irish lawyer, a flex-nib-obsessed artist, and two representatives of the Toronto Steampunk Society.
And we can now do the demonstration of our 18th century writing box in our sleep…